‘Failure to attend school regularly can have a major impact on young people’s education, their future and their life chances’. Ellacombe Academy has a comprehensive Attendance and Absence in Term Time Policy. Absences are strongly discouraged. The policy is available on request at the Academy Office, and also on this website in the policies section.
We encourage regular attendance by:
- providing a caring and welcoming learning environment and learning that is such fun that children will not want to miss it
- responding promptly to a child’s or parent’s concerns about the academy or other pupils
- marking registers accurately and punctually during morning and afternoon registration
- publishing and displaying attendance statistics
- celebrating good and improved attendance
- monitoring pupils, informing parents/carers in writing of irregular attendance, arranging meetings with them if necessary
We expect that you will:
- ALWAYS encourage regular school attendance and be aware of your legal responsibilities
- ALWAYS ensure that your child arrives at the academy punctually and fully prepared for the academy day
- ensure that you contact the academy whenever your child is unwell and unable to attend the academy
- contact the school by 9.15 am on the first day of your child’s absence and telephone every day thereafter unless your child has a doctor’s certificate
- contact us promptly whenever any problem occurs that may keep your child away from the academy
Penalty notices may be used as a deterrent to prevent a pattern of unauthorised absences developing.
Our improving attendance!
Our attendance for 2010/2011 93.3%
Our attendance for 2011/2012 94.8%
Our attendance for 2012/2013 94.9%
Our attendance for 2013/2014 96.5%
Our attendance for 2014/2015 96.1%
Our attendance for 2015/2016 96.1%